Got this link
about Simple Energy Saving Tips
: Level 1 from Co-op America
this morning. These tips are perfect for the summer, especially to compensate for any AC we might be sneaking in on those super hot days. I did not realize there were levels, but I can see how it can get overwhelming without them! I think I've done everything but the energy audit. Even though I've read these tips a hundred times, I notice how great any reminder is because it's easy to slack!
- Turn Off Lights You're Not Using
- Schedule an Energy Audit - have done my own self audit, but I wonder what a professional would say
- Let Your Dishwasher Breathe - by skipping the drying cycle, yes
- Shift Your Load to Off-Peak Times - done!
- Don't heat or Cool Empty Rooms - installed 2 new fans last March to prevent using AC as often
- Turn off Electronics - turn off computer if gone for more than 1 hour
- Eliminate Phantom Load" - damn those phantoms, we're still working on this one, recently ordered those new power strips that turn off peripherals, more on that later.
- Eliminate Your Second Fridge - does the wine fridge count?? yes, darn. ok, have to talk to the spouse about this one.
- Wash Clothes in Cold Water - most of the time :)
- Give the Dryer a Rest - with the summer heat, hang drying has been my big project as of late, more on that soon.
Labels: green living